Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Skimming the Border

Over the last couple of days, since my last post at least, the weather has been on and off as far as being good enough to fly, normally better in the morning, and then deteriorating in the afternoon and evening. I have however still been able to get some flying in here and there! Yesterday I got out for 2 hours for a little cross country to the three little airports of Altona, Winkler, and Morden. All of which are within 15 Miles of the US border, Altona being the closest at only miles north of the Minnesota border. I did however refrain from sticking a wing tip over the border just to say I had done it. I am however planning a trip with Chris (My Instructor) to go to Duluth International Airport, for a tour of the Cirrus factory. Cirrus is a very nice modernly designed airplane that would cost you in the vicinity of $500,000.00 - $700,000.00 depending on the model. (http://cirrusaircraft.com/sr20/gallery.aspx?popup=true) The original plan was to do it yesterday, but Chris was getting back late from Vancouver, and the weather wasn't looking good, so we just decided to bump it for a week.

It is currently snowing here again right now, and it is forecasted for us to get 2-4cm again tonight. Due to the snow, I am not flying, therefore it is a study day for me, seeing as I still have my Transport Canada Written Exam left ahead of me. Just for those interested, this exam consists of 100 questions, and is broken up into four sections. Navigation, Airlaw, Meteorology, and General Knowledge ( engines, the working of systems, etc.) I have three and a half hours to write it, and the pass mark is 70%. 100 questions might not sound like much, but when there is this vast of a knowledge base to know, just to pass the exam you have learned ALOT because they randomly pick and choose questions from each of those topics.

I also have another couple photos from my trip yesterday!


The guy in this photo is the one I MIGHT be going to Calgary with...He tagged along yesterday just for the fun of it.

This is me in front of the plane while we got out and stretched out legs at Morden!!

3 comments:

  1. Dude,

    What the heck is the 'boarder'? You know I've been really good about not correcting spelling and such, but this is just a little bit too much.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stuck an extra letter in by mistake....In case you didn't notice it was spelt right in the body of the post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dude. And how do you stick an 'a' in by mistake??? It's not even close to the 'o'. You know you love me anyways.....
    =)

    ReplyDelete