Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First, First, & First

Starting with yesterday, I did my first solo flight in the Citabria (Tail Dragger Aircraft). Which was awesome!!! I think the funnest thing to flying them is A) a little more of a challenge, and B) they have a stick, instead of a control yoke which anybody will tell you, it is much nicer flying with a stick. I will have pictures to follow, they just haven't happened yet. Then last night I did my first solo set of night circuits. I have done all the other prerequisites for my night rating, I just need 3.8 more solo hours. This was fun, but only as fun as doing circuits (Basically Circles) can be, within the next couple days I will be doing a solo night cross country, which will be alot more fun!! That was yesterdays news, and today I went for my first solo cross country since I have been here. I have attempted two before now, but the weather has not cooperated, and didn't look to good this morning either, but it ended up being a pretty nice day.

Todays cross country consisted of a stop in Lac Du Bonnett, which I know means basically nothing to you, unless you have been there, or live here. But it is a nice small little privately run airport, right on a lake, so being on a lake it as actually a fairly large float plane dock. Such float planes do alot of delivery of goods to remote lakes north of winnipeg to fishing villages etc, and other people just have them for personal leisure. Today when I was up there, there was what I believe to be a Beaver tied up, and it was having several 19gal water jugs loaded on board. (Photo Below). There was also a very nice Pilatus PC-12 parked up there! I also have photos of that attached below.

These first two photos are of the Beaver on Floats that is docked and being loaded!





This is the Pilatus PC-12!! A very well designed small executive airplane!




This here is Fort Garry, the oldest standing Stone fur trading post still intact in North America! I snapped this photo while I was on my way into Saint. Andrews! That is also the Red River you see in the picture. Here is a link with a little more history - http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/mb/fortgarry/natcul/natcul2.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment