Thursday, September 24, 2009

First Two Days of Flying

So yesterday was my first day of flying, and my first flight over flying a Citabria (Tail Dragger). So like normal for getting checked out on a different type of airplane, you go up and do some upper air work, such as spins, spirals, stalls, steep turns, etc... So being my first flight over the ever so flat Prairies, my instructor ( Chris ) asked me to find out where we were on out map, and while i was looking proceeded to ask if I had ever been upside down before....So I answered no! He then proceeded to take us throw a perfect 1G barrel roll, where the map I was holding didn't even leave my hand. Later that evening, I started my night rating which consisted of one hour of just circuits ( so practice taking off and landing) This was certainly a different experience but definitely fun!! I have been for a 40 minutes cross country flight today, from Steinbach to St. Andrews and back. Spent one hour of circuits in the Citabria,which at the end of, after only being in the airplane for two hours, and done about 10-12 circuits, I was offered a solo trip!!!! I chose to take it next time were out! Iam currently on my way to work on some instrument work in the Simulator for an hour!

2 comments:

  1. Dude,
    I can't even understand half of what you're saying. Crazy pilot speak.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I dumbed it down enough :P

    ReplyDelete